Worksite Wellness Program
Make the healthy choice the easy choice for your employees! Healthy Worksites help to: prevent chronic diseases, improve the health of your workforce, and create a healthier work environment.
Most 21st century jobs call for long hours sitting at a computer or in meetings, which can contribute to workers becoming overweight or obese. Evidence shows excess weight, limited physical activity and diets high in fats and sugars are at the root of most common health problems and expenditures. The health of an organization is contingent upon the health of its workforce.
Although chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease (CVD) and diabetes are among the most common and costly of all health problems, adopting healthy lifestyles can help prevent them. Implementing a comprehensive health promotion program designed to keep employees healthy is a valuable long-term human asset management strategy. Many organizations are turning to comprehensive health promotion programs to make changes in the worksite culture and environment, help employees adopt healthier lifestyles, and reduce their risk factors for chronic disease.
Be part of the growing movement to create a healthier work environment! Healthy Cooking with Kids, Inc. can help you build a healthy workplace for your employees.
- Requiring vending machines and cafeterias to sell healthy items
- Giving employees commute incentives for public transportation, and walking and bicycling to and from work
- Giving employees flexible schedules that allow them to exercise during the day
- Encouraging employees to be active during their breaks
- Encouraging active meetings and giving people time to stretch during meetings.
Benefits for Employers:
- A work environment that supports healthy behaviors
- Increased productivity
- Decreased employee absenteeism
- Decreased healthcare costs
Benefits for Employees:
- Improved health and fitness
- Increased concentration and focus
- Increased employee morale and job satisfaction